It seems that so many women are caretakers by nature, from bosses and coworkers to spouses and children to friends and family. And while we enjoy taking care of the ones we care about, sometimes we forget to take care of the caretaker – ourselves. When we take care of ourselves, we are in better shape to take care of someone else.
What are some of the ways you try to take care of yourself?
Here are a few suggestions on easy ways to take a few moments for yourself:
- Enjoy your morning routine. Sometimes taking a few minutes of peace and quiet to start your day can help bring a little peace and quiet to the rest of your day. It can help center your mind for the day to come.
- Enjoy your evening routine. It is also good to end your day with a few minutes to yourself. I like to do this myself, to take my time in getting ready for bed and calm myself from the hectic day.
- Take yourself out on a date. It can be something simple like a stop at your favorite ice cream place, or something more lingering such as lunch at a nice café or even a movie. Have a treat-me afternoon, maybe brunch with friends or a pedicure.
- Take yourself somewhere new. If you’re feeling really daring and have the resources, traveling solo can be liberating. You are only bound by your own limitations and you can pretty much visit any sight or eat at any restaurant you want.
- Try something new. I know, that doesn’t necessarily sound relaxing but it can be. Losing yourself for an hour in a painting class or a meditation session can help take your mind off the endless to-do list.