Eating healthy doesn’t mean having to eat boring food all the time. I enjoy experimenting with food every once in a while and one of the great ideas I’ve seen is a pizza with cauliflower crust recipe. If you are cutting back on carbs or you simply want to try a new taste for your pizza, you can try this healthy recipe out and enjoy a whole new pizza experience:
- 2 ½ cups cauliflower grated
- a large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- some Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup tomato juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- a cup of grape tomatoes, sliced in two
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- some basil leaves to taste
- Line your baking sheet with some parchment paper and preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grate your cauliflower until you’re all done. Place all of the cauliflower in a large bowl and microwave it for about 7-8 minutes until it is tender. Remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- When the cauliflower is cool, combine the egg, a cup of mozzarella, parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Once everything is mixed thoroughly, make a 10-inch round on the pan you prepared earlier. Spray it lightly with some nonstick spray and bake it for about 10-15 minutes. You can also bake until it achieves a slightly golden look.
- You’re almost done! Top it with some mozzarella, your sliced grape tomatoes, red pepper flakes and some finely chopped garlic. Bake it in the oven for another ten minutes or until the cheese melts and becomes bubbly. Top it with some basil and you’ll have a healthy homemade pizza with cauliflower crust!
The great thing about pizza is that you can experiment with different kinds of topics and add as much or as little cheese as you prefer. In this case, you can choose to add or not add some basil right before serving. You can even play with your other favorite pizza toppings to see which would complement your crust!