Eating healthy can be hard, but you can make it easier by trying out new healthy recipes which you can prepare for yourself at home. One of the best ways to be healthy with your diet is by consuming more fruits and vegetables. Fruits and veggies contain a lot of vitamins, minerals, and fibers which help cleanse your system, and keep you healthy from within. Here’s a very easy to prepare vegetable dish that I’ve tried and enjoyed at home!
What is Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower “rice” is a healthy alternative for dieters and for those who would like to add more volume to what they are eating without the additional calories. It’s not really rice, but it’s a great way to consume more cauliflower, which is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and pantothenic acid, among others. This dish can be part of your diet 2-3 times a week, and a great source of dietary fibers too!
Making Your Own Cauliflower Rice Dish
The ingredients for this dish are simple, and you only need basic kitchen skills to pull it off. I had fun making it, and here’s the recipe I tried:
- A head of cauliflower, separated into smaller pieces
- A tablespoon of water
- Juice and zest from one lime
- Half a cup of cilantro
- Optional, two tablespoons of butter
- Chop the cauliflower into finer pieces or pulse it in your food processor until you have a coarse texture.
- In a microwave-safe dish, place the finely chopped cauliflowers with a tablespoon of water and allow it to cook for 7 minutes. Check if the cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest along with the cilantro and butter. Mix everything thoroughly.
You can make a different version of this dish by treating the cauliflower as your “rice” and adding in other ingredients which are also present in your favorite fried rice dishes. This kind of meal is great if you want a healthier option when it comes to having a full meal! Always remember that dieting doesn’t mean always being hungry, but rather, knowing the right food options so that you can eat healthy.