It sounds almost unimaginable to some of us, a complete face with only five products. But it is doable! Here is a quick rundown of the five-product face. It is great for travel, or for keeping in your gym bag or your desk drawer. For realism, I do not count applicators or brushes as any of the items.
- Foundation stick – You can use this handy little friend as a full foundation or a spot concealer. I also like to dab it on my eyelids to even out the skin tone and brighten the eye area.
- Lip and Cheek stick – Multi-purpose is the name of this one. Using one of the dual purpose pencils or sticks helps stretch its usability. I prefer a soft rosy pink that will go with whatever I plan to wear. Just dab it on your cheeks and blend, and then swipe it over your lips.
- Face powder – Since both of the above products are creamy, a translucent face powder will help set everything. I also make sure to pat some on my eyelids over the foundation stick and it ends up like the perfect nude eyeshadow.
- Eyeliner – To make the five-product face work as a full face, you have to define your eyes. Brown or black works perfectly for daytime, but if you want something jazzy look, try an eye-catching blue or green.
- Mascara – If I don’t have my lashes tinted, this is a must for my blonde eyelashes. If you have naturally dark lashes, you could skip this.
The only real applicators you need for this little kit would be a blending sponge for the foundation and color sticks, a puff for the powder, and a lash comb if you want to smooth out the mascara.