What do you carry in your makeup bag when you leave the house? This topic has always fascinated me because it seems to be the largest and heaviest thing in my purse at any given time. Everyone has different needs when they are on the go, but there are a few of the top essentials to take when you leave the house.
- Breath freshener – Whether you choose gum or mints or breath spray, it never hurts to have fresh breath easily available for after that tuna salad sandwich.
- Multi-use moisturizer – Personally, I like to carry a lip balm that I can also apply to other areas. A nice Vitamin E or argan stick can soothe lips, calm cuticles, or even smooth out those flyaway hairs and unruly eyebrows.
- Skin brightener – One of my must-haves is a concealer pencil. I like the pencil formula because it rarely melts in the Texas heat and can be applied easily with any reflective surface.
- Lip and cheek color – Carrying a neutral lipstick or tinted lip balm can work beautifully on your lips and cheeks. It is amazing how much fresher my face looks at the end of the day if I dab some color on my lips and cheeks.
- Hair needs – Whether that be a simple comb or a travel bottle of hair spray or a hair tie, you want to have something in case your blowout goes south over lunch.
If you work in a professional office, your list might vary. Same if you are a first-grade teacher or a stay-at-home mom. But I find these bare essentials are enough to get me through almost anything. The only bonus item that would take the list to six total would be a nail file.