It is not always something you think about when you are getting ready for a date – skin care. But when your complexion is soft and radiant, you will just feel better walking out the door. If you have time in advance of the date (i.e., they gave you more than one hour’s notice), it’s a real confidence booster to take a few minutes for your skin before you apply your makeup.
One thing to note about the recommended date night preparation routine below is that you should not try any new products on these nights, just in case you react poorly to something.
- The night before, make sure to exfoliate your skin thoroughly. This will help your treatments and moisturizers penetrate into the fresh skin layer and help boost that glow.
- After exfoliating, make sure to moisturize deeply so that you can really find that radiance.
- As you start to get ready for your date, make sure to cleanse thoroughly. Your fresh makeup will look so much better on clean smooth skin.
- I think a lip scrub would be an excellent addition to the routine as well, to remove all of those flaky bits. Always follow with a rich lip balm to really smooth that pout.
- A quick hydrating mask will help nourish and plump the skin, especially followed by a hydrating serum.
- A touch of eye cream will help smooth out any fine lines so that your makeup does not settle into them.
- Depending on your skin, you might need a light moisturizer after the serum. If you tend to have oily skin, the serum itself might provide sufficient moisture.
- In between your skincare routine and your makeup regimen, make sure to apply a primer so that your makeup lasts all the way through the night.