Handbags are great additions to your wardrobe and having designer pieces can really make you feel like a celebrity. I’ve had my fair share of fawning over bags and saving up for the more expensive ones I like, but here are 5 of the most expensive bags that have been made which are sure to make your eyes pop:
- Louis Vuitton’s Urban Satchel Handbag – This one is quite weird because for a designer brand known for the signature LV logo on leather, the Urban Satchel which is priced at $150,000 is made up of all kinds of urban junk. Cigarette packs, a water bottle, tea bags, candy wrappers and other urban junk covers the body of the bag.
- Lana Marks Cleopatra Bag – Priced at $250,000, this simple clutch is produced on a yearly basis by Lana Marks and come in different designs. The clasp is what adds value to it because it is made with 18-carat white gold matched with diamonds.
- Diamond Forever by Chanel – At $261,000 this handbag has a total of 334 diamonds which total 3.65 carats. The shoulder straps on this bag are adorned with white gold. To make it even more desired, there are only 13 copies of this bag all over the world, five of which are in the United States.
- Hermes Birkin by Ginza Tanaka – Hermes Birkin bags are expensive by themselves. This special Hermes Birkin which was designed by Ginza Tanaka is priced at a whopping $1.9 million. Why be so expensive, you may be wondering? The removable strap adorned with diamonds can be used as a bracelet or necklace. The body of the bag is made with over 2,000 diamonds and a platinum body. Add to that is an 8-carat pear-shaped diamond which can also be removed from the bag and used as a separate accessory.
- The Mouwad’s 1001 Nights Purse – At a price of $3.8 million, this heart-shaped bag encrusted with 4,517 diamonds in yellow, pink, and transparent varieties took 10 professional artisans to complete in over 8,800 hours. The total weight of the diamonds combined is at 381.92 carats.
Such expensive bags are surely going to make you the star of the night when you have them on your arm! That is, of course, if you can afford their extravagant prices!