Getting your skin ready to glow is always in the best interest of the bride and her entire bridal party. Here are a few tips to making sure that you look your best on the big day, no matter which part you are playing!
Any major skin treatments such as chemical peels or microdermabrasion should be taken care of at least two or three months in advance, to allow plenty of time for healing and for the results. Some of these procedures do require multiple visits for optimal results, and you want to have plenty of time to let your skin recover if necessary.
- About six or eight weeks ahead of the event, make sure that your aesthetician helps you choose a brow shape (and tint if necessary) so that you know what to expect on the big day.
- If you are interested, two or three weeks ahead of the big day is the right time for whitening your teeth and getting your hair trimmed. This would also be about the time for the last facial from your dermatologist or facialist.
- Do time your final waxing carefully, perhaps about 72 hours in advance.
- Within a couple of days of the wedding, plan your manicure and pedicure. You might want to choose one of the gel styles for its durability.
- As far as your home regime goes, make sure that you are using products that you know will not irritate your skin. The last thing you want right before the big celebration is an unexpected break-out or irritated spot.
Obviously this list is rather extensive, so if you have services that you would like to add, please just keep in mind the recovery time as well as the ‘breaking in’ period (for example, hair color or sunless tanning).