We have all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So why do so many of us simply have a cup of coffee as we head out the door? Or worse, grab that donut once we get to the office. With a little planning ahead, you prepare some healthy breakfast options that are almost as easy as that cup of coffee.
- Apple Sandwiches – Yes, I know that sounds strange. But when you slice the apple into rings and add a healthy dose of peanut butter in between, you have a sandwich that fills you up all morning.
- Egg Muffins – Instead of baking your frittata in the cast iron skillet, try portioning it out into a muffin tin instead. You can still fill it with all of your favorite ingredients such as spinach and Swiss, but now they’re just the right size to heat and go.
- Enhanced Toast – Before you fix your coffee, throw a slice of whole wheat bread into the toaster. When it pops up, spread it with ricotta or goat cheese and add sliced avocados. Or for a change of pace, try herbed cream cheese and paper-thin slices of smoked salmon. Fiber and protein out the door!
- Smoothies – Any variety of these could be pre-made and stored in travel mugs or mason jars so that all you have to do in the morning is grab one and start your day.
- Breakfast Tacos – Make a batch of these ahead and time and freeze them in individual portions. Make sure to add a serving of vegetables for your fiber, and a dash of salsa for a kick of flavor.
I love the breakfasts and lunches that I can pre-make on Sundays. I’m much more likely to eat healthy when it is grab-and-go!
One thought on “Breakfast On The Go”
Pingback: Delicious Breakfast Ideas for a Weight Loss Plan | Beauty Tips, Hair Care