In the same way we update our wardrobes for the changing of the seasons, our handbag could probably use an update too! Since I carry the same one day in and day out, it always takes a beating in just a few months.
But instead of buying the same black or brown basic, your handbag can be a great statement piece that can liven up any outfit. Plus shopping for a new one can be fun!
If you are in the market for a new bag this fall, here are a few trends to keep your eyes on:
- Fluff and fur – Available in almost any shape and size, fur is everywhere. Depending on your personal style, a little goes a long way. To ease into this trend, try a small clutch with fur trim. And of course there are plenty of animal-friendly faux fur options if you are concerned.
- User-friendly – And by ‘user-friendly’, I mean easy to carry. Sometimes the recent trends of extra straps everywhere can be a bit much. This fall the trends seem to be leaning towards a hand-held purse with none of those extra straps bouncing about.
- Hands-free – I love a good cross-body bag that leaves my hands available to shop or drive or whatever they need to do, including belt/hip bags which surprised me.
- In the details – Reptile skin and fringe seem to be back. Beautiful mixed textures of snake and animal print are surprisingly universal. Since they don’t match anything, they match everything!
- The shape of everything – Whether you choose boxy, geometric, or saddle
Just go easy on the trends – do not carry anything with all of the trends at once! Snake skin with fringe in a geometric triangle might just be a little too much.