Now that you have chosen your overall skin color corrector, most of us have one or two spots that need extra coverage. You can choose to dab on a little more of your foundation-type product, or you can reach for a specific concealer. Same as with our foundation, there are many options based on desired coverage, area to be covered, and skin type. There are sticks, pencils, pots, wands, creams, and more.
Just a few specific tips to help narrow down the options:
- If you are looking to cover active acne spots, do try to find one that contains acne-fighting ingredients such as Murad Acne Treatment Concealer.
- If you have drier skin, your skin would benefit from a creamier texture such Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer.
- If you have oilier skin, you might be better off with an oil-free formula such as Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer. These also can work well as eyeshadow primers to help prevent creasing!
- If you are trying to brighten rather than strictly conceal, there are also a number of options. Some of the best come in lipgloss-type applicators with a built-in brush such as Sephora Collection Smoothing Brightening Concealer.
- One of my personal favorites is Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer. It is a small pot of rich creamy concealer that blends perfectly to create flawless skin. It comes in over a dozen shades, and works as a concealer, a highlighter if you choose a lighter shade, a contour cream if you choose a darker shade, or even an all over foundation when blended with your primer or moisturizer. I don’t know if I could ever give this one up.
With the perfect canvas, you are now ready for a pop of color!