I have several trips coming up this fall and I have been trying to build a travel-friendly makeup kit that works for most scenarios – a wedding in Minnesota, a family holiday in Seattle, and a Mexican cruise. All of these have very different makeup needs, and I would love to build a kit that works for everything!
What is easier than pencils and sticks? I love the fact that they don’t take up valuable space in the accursed 3-1-1 bag, not to mention most of them practically apply themselves.
- I always start my routine with moisture, for my lips and for any flaky spots I find.
- My next step would be the Tarte Colored Clay CC Eye Primer Stick. It evens out my eyelids and preps them for other makeup.
- There are many foundation/concealer options; choose one that fits your skin type and what level of coverage you prefer.
- In a package on its way to me as we speak, there is a Bite Beauty Multistick (I chose Mascarpone). These beautiful creamy sticks can be used on the eyes, lips, and cheeks.
- To define my eyes, I could pack any number of eyeliners; I might include two for variety.
- I think the Nudestix Skin Glossing Pencil would be a great way to add a little glow to my face.
- For my lips, I have the Multistick mentioned above. If I want a sheerer look, I can always mix the Multistick with the Glossing Pencil or the moisture balm.
- As far as tools go, pack at least a latex sponge for blending.
This list only works for me if I have my lashes tinted. If I don’t, I have to add mascara and a lash comb.