Have you ever been invited to a party and been asked to bring a plate to share? We all have! In some parts of the country, this can be referred to a potluck. I have actually considered writing a cookbook called “A Plate to Share” but since that is still a future project, here are a few ideas that would be included!
- Deviled Eggs – A Southern classic that can be personalized in dozens of ways. My personal favorite is with mayonnaise, mustard, and sweet pickle relish. But some people prefer dill relish while others might include a kick of cayenne.
- Seven Layer Dip – Another favorite from the southern half. It is layered with bean dip, guacamole, sour cream, grated cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and black olives. You can also jazz it up with jalapenos or salsa.
- Caprese Salad To Go – If you have a little more prep time, thread halved cherry tomatoes, small bites of fresh mozzarella, and torn basil leaves onto toothpicks. Once you arrange all of the toothpicks on your serving tray, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Ham Rolls – I have guests ask for these all the time! I use sandwich ham slices, chive cream cheese, and green onions. Spread the cream cheese directly on the ham and lay a long piece of green onion on one end. Roll the ham into a tube and set aside. I find it best to let all the rolled ham tubes sit in the fridge for a while before slicing into bite size pieces.
- Marinated mushrooms – A very easy nibbler that can be made well ahead of time. One of the best combinations is olive oil, lemon juice, thyme and garlic. These are delicious served with crusty Italian bread.