Since I tend to lean towards minimalist makeup anyway, I definitely recommend paring down your full face when you travel. When it is a work trip, however, you will probably need more than tinted sunscreen and tinted lip balm. By choosing multiple-use items, you can certainly shrink down that makeup bag.
Here is a quick semi-full face with only five basic products. You can obviously add if there is an essential that I have omitted!
- BB Cream – My favorite is Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45. Not only does it provide me decent coverage, it lasts all day and gives great sun protection. It is really a one-step foundation product for me.
- Cheek and lip color – There are many great lip plus cheek color pencils. While I have not had the opportunity to try the brand yet, I can’t wait to try out the Nudestix Gel Color Lip Cheek Balm. They have gorgeous color and I love the fact that it is moisturizing to boot.
- Eyeshadow trio – For me it is easier just to travel with a small eyeshadow trio. I do not want fifteen choices when I am getting ready in the hotel room and with a trio, they all coordinate and you are out the door.
- Brown or black eye pencil – All about personal preference here. I would highly recommend choosing one that can also work as a brow pencil to keep things simple.
- Concealer – Because you just never know. You could end up needing assistance with dark circles after a long flight or an unfriendly blemish might appear just before that critical client presentation.
In addition to the products themselves, I also take a makeup sponge, a sponge-tip eyeshadow applicator, and a brow brush.