Almost every eyeshadow palette has at least one shimmery eye shadow. I’m not sure why but it does. While I tend to shy away from shimmer in almost any makeup, there are ways to wear shimmer eyeshadow at just about any age.
- Depending on what your job entails, it may not be an appropriate daytime look. If you really must wear that one shade, go easy and use it to just barely highlight either under the brow bone or the center of the eyelid.
- For a date or a night out with the girls, in your twenties, you can pretty much get away with as much shimmer eyeshadow as you feel comfortable. It is good to be young with smooth skin!
- For the most part, avoid shimmer eyeshadow during the daytime. Not only can it make you look like you are ‘trying too hard’, it can also highlight the fine lines and wrinkles that may be starting to show up.
- In the evenings, use it delicately – to highlight the inner corners or to accentuate the brow bone. And look at shadows that have more of a sheen than any outright shimmer.
Forties, Fifties, and Sixties
- The more that fine lines and wrinkles that appear, the less you should wear shimmer. It can highlight those exact areas that you prefer to camouflage.
- Some brands have caught on to the fact that while women over a certain age might not want outright shimmer in their makeup, they do still want that certain glow.
- You can now find eyeshadows that illuminate without shimmer. This can be a beautiful way to perk up those peepers.
When used smartly, eyeshadow with the right level of shimmer can be used effectively and gorgeously at any age!