If you are ready to mix it up with your hair style or color, take a look at some of the trends that are popping up for this summer.
- If you want to be bold, apparently one of my favorite summer treats is now a trending hair color. Watermelon! The combination of bright green and vivid pink are one of the most get-noticed hair colors now.
- If you want to stay professional-looking, it is a look they are calling “flamboyage”, a technique that combines ombre and balayage styles to brighten up the look but still staying within the natural hair hues.
- If you want to keep it “real”, they are introducing “nude hair” which is a blend of cool and warm colors so that the overall look ends up being neutral in tone.
- Other trending colors include snowlights (shimmery white blonde highlights), dusty denim blue, rose gold, and warm buttery blonde.
- Super straight locks are back. It’s time to trade that curling iron for the flatiron. Some of the looks are sleek and almost glassy while others were popping up slightly messy but without any waves.
- If you want to be super-bold, buzz cuts are showing up on the runways too. Talk about your low-maintenance option.
- Not sure how I personally feel about this one, but some of the runways were debuting “choker hair” with the ends of the hair tucked into scarves and chokers.
- If you have been looking to add bangs to your hairstyle, the short fringe is back. The look seems to be messy and less perfect in most of the shows though.
- For something easy that requires much less commitment, the “pun” is on. It is a slightly sloppy mix of ponytail and bun.