While I love trying new skin care, there are also those products which seem to always make it back in the cabinet no matter how many of them I use up. I don’t know if I will ever stop trying new products, but I seem to come back to these favorites:
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple – This lightly foaming liquid removes makeup and cleanses the skin all in one step. As long as you aren’t wearing heavy-duty waterproof mascara, it will even remove eye makeup. It also works well with mechanical cleansing brushes.
- Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains for Face – The primary ingredient in this unique dry powder scrub is Japanese adzuki bean powder. I like that I can control the amount of exfoliation based on the ratio since you mix it with water or your cleanser.
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 – I am certainly an admitted lip balm junkie/collector. But this is the one I will always reach for when my lips are out-of-control dry. I discovered it when I lived in the high-altitude desert of Denver, and have not been without a tube since.
- Angel Face Botanicals Rose Garden Organic Shea Butter Balm OR Angel Face Botanicals Lavender Organic Shea Butter Balm – Love them both but can’t decide between the two fragrances. These multi-use butters melt right into the skin and smell amazing.
Two quick side notes:
- Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash used to be a hands-down favorite however they changed the formula and I am no longer a devoted fan.
- I have a hard time becoming a fan of any day cream or BB/CC cream that does not include an SPF of at least 15. If it doesn’t, what’s the point of calling it a day cream or an all-in-one product?