Kale is in! For health buffs and those who would like to try a new healthy green, kale is something you will enjoy. It’s everywhere—in restaurant menus, magazines, and online articles about health. So what’s the deal with kale? I’ve heard it being used in green juices and have tried it myself. Let me tell you, the effects of this leafy green are astounding! To name a few, here are the top benefits:
- Kale is a great source of vitamins A, K, and C
- It is rich in fibers and antioxidants
- It tastes good in a variety of recipes!
Now that we’ve come to that, here are four great ways to enjoy kale and add this healthy green to your regular diet:
- You can prepare a side dish made with sautéed kale by heating up some olive oil and sautéing kale in some finely chopped garlic and onion rings for better presentation. This is a great addition to steaks or something meaty and can be your favorite side dish.
- If you want to encourage your kids to eat kale and are having a hard time making them do so, you can make some mildly salty kale chips. Take about three to four large kale leaves and remove the stems. Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine two tablespoons of red wine vinegar, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a few pinches of salt. Toss in the kale and make sure the leaves are evenly coated. Distribute the leaves evenly and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remember to flip the leaves halfway through!
- Here’s something very easy: instead of using the usual lettuce, why not try having kale on your burger instead? Just wash a few leaves and add it to your burger to enjoy the crispy texture!
- Make a green smoothie from some kale leaves and your favorite fruits. You know how smoothies go, take your favorite smoothie materials, use your juicer or food processor, and wait for the magic to pour out.
Try out these methods of eating kale and you’ll surely enjoy your meals!